Monday, July 25, 2016

Update time!

What's up, folks? Get Two Fit is now five days away from launch. Yeah. 5 days. Five. We'll be kicking off our blog and YouTube channel on Sunday, July 31, which is also coincidentally my birthday. Subscribe if you haven't already. It'd be like the best birthday present ever. Seriously. Like it would make my day. And it'll make your day, too.

The fun of roommates 

So there's some downfalls of having roommates - namely that if they're messy or unorganized or loud (or alternately excessively neat or tidy or quiet), you can clash. Sometimes that happens. Other times, it's perfect. 

We've established a plan, for now, that we'll alternate days cooking dinner. So the three of us take turns making one meal a week (because we'll most likely have leftovers for the next day). Then, one day a week, we're pretty much on our own - which could quite easily be our cheat day. 

Good, right? 

El Paso so far 

I'm settling into El Paso pretty well. 

On Saturday, I went on my second date with a guy. We ended up grabbing Jessica and heading downtown to go out clubbing for my first time since moving to El Paso (and my second time going out in El Paso ever - I went out about this time last year, too!). We had some drinks, danced the night away, ended up at Taco Cabana at 3 AM, and drunken shenanigans ensued. 

Needless to say, Saturday was, of course, our cheat day for the week. 

Other than that, nothing on the "fun and games" front. 

Donation-only yoga classes in El Paso 

Of course, during our drunken shenanigans, Jessica decided to take one of my passive ideas (an exercise class for our apartment complex) and run with it. And make us both accountable for this idea to actually take life. 

She told a guy (and then another guy, and then another) that we'll be hosting donation-only yoga classes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7 PM starting on August 1. 

So now I get to teach yoga again, so that's cool. It's been a while. I'm gonna have to re-learn how to teach. But it's great practice for our videos! 

Keep on trucking 

We've crafted a lot of great content over the last couple days. Essentially, we're working on preparing at least one piece of content for every category on our site, so people know what to expect from us in the future, and be able to find a shining example of it, from day 1. Of course, this is impossible, since we're not 100% sure what forms of content we'll put out over the course of our journeys, but we do have a solid foundation prepared. Expect podcasts and audio readings of each post, infographics, downloadable content, reader stories, and much, much more. It'll be an exciting ride! I can't wait for Sunday! 

Saturday was arm day for me, so I hit the weight machines in the gym for about 30 minutes. I'm between 60 and 80 pounds for all the arm workouts I do, so that's already progress from when I started only 9 days ago (INCREDIBLE!). 

I spent most of Sunday recovering from Saturday night, unfortunately.

Today, I played catch-up from Sunday on content. I also had quite the workout - we did 5 minutes of leg lifts, 5 minutes of squats, 4 minutes of a glute exercise, and about 10 minutes total of calve raises, plus quite a bit of stretching. My elbows are hurting me today (I didn't know I had a muscle there, honestly), but I'm hoping I can get in a good arm workout tomorrow morning before I start writing. 

In the process of writing and filming videos, we've had to "rehearse" each of our workouts. In other words, I'm finding myself having to practice videos several times before I can do them successfully. I can now plank for more than a minute (in most planks - we're working on mastering another couple). I can alllllmost make it through a 5-minute squat challenge AND a 5-minute leg lift challenge (SO CLOSE!). I can hold myself in superman for more than a minute (which is a great butt workout, by the way). I'm seeing crazy results already. 

I did weigh myself on my first day and I was at 162 pounds - up from about 155 around a year ago. I worked hard to put on those 7 pounds. I was proud of those 7 pounds. Even if they were fat, it meant I was keeping weight on in some form (which was exciting - I'll elaborate someday. Maybe). 

On Saturday, I weighed in at only 157 - not okay. Today, I'm back up to 160, which I'm more comfortable with. 

I'm not exactly trying to put on weight (at least not until I can be confident that I'm actually putting on muscle), but I certainly don't want to lose any, either. I'll be happy if I can hold myself at 160 - better yet if I manage to hit 170 eventually. So here's hoping. 

I need to get back to editing my YouTube video for tomorrow (I'm hoping it's a great one!) for my main channel, so I'll talk to you all very shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment