Thursday, July 21, 2016

When are we going live again?

Hey guys! It's been a few days, so it's time for a quick update!

I'm just gonna kinda lump the last few days in together, mostly because I did a horrible job of noting what I did and when I did it.

Progress on Get Two Fit

Remember how we launched our Facebook page!? Well so we've gotten some content created, too. We've scripted a longer "intro" video that we still need to record, but also put together our first workout video. We have a blog post as an aside to said workout video, plus two more blog posts. One is about a weekly planning system and tracking your progress on a daily basis (I know - I didn't write it. Don't worry). The other is our introduction post so you can read about both of us and why we started the blog. 

Graphics are done, everything's uploaded and ready to go, so now we're just waiting until, well, next week when we're actually scheduled to launch. Yay! Much excite! Don't forget to subscribe to Get Two Fit now! You'll get an email notification when everything goes live (plus a million other cool things, as they come out). 

Minor progress on main channel

I've completely neglected my main blog, so I just want to say sorry here, since I can't bring myself to apologize on my blog itself. 

But! 

I did finish a guest post I've been working on for the last few weeks. I submitted it on... I think Monday, although I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully it'll be up soon (it's another link to my site, so!). 

I published a video on Tuesday and today, so I think I may have just set myself up for a posting schedule on my main YouTube channel. In this first video, I talk about the problem of trying to describe your content (and randomly turn into a T. Rex because me). 


In the second, I talk about the importance of contributing value with every single thing you create (which applies to ALL endeavors on the internet, and not just on YouTube). 


Also, I ranted a little bit. 

Dream board! 

Today, I took some time to put together a dream board. Kind of. I made it more like a scrapbook in an old, unused photo album. I spent a couple hours putting it together. Which means my dream board served more as a tool for procrastination today, since I have a billion other things I'm supposed to be doing. But hey. It's done. 

I'm planning on putting together an article once Jessica's is done, too, and hopefully submit it as our first Get Two Fit guest post on a blog that's a little more targeted toward dream boards. If you have any suggestions, let me know! 

Dating! 

I took a slight break from boys (like... 5 days), but I'm back on the dating scene, now, apparently. I'm still talking to the infamous not-my-boyfriend back in Albuquerque, but since that not-a-relationship has stalled, I'm still considering myself single (Well, married to my work, but single-ish). So I went on a date yesterday. I have another one coming up tomorrow. And we'll see where it goes from there. 

Workouts! 

We went swimming one night (about 40 minutes - it was exhausting. We raced, too. I won). Also spent 20 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, worked on mastering the art of the plank for an upcoming workout video (spoiler alert, sorry, bruh), and did a Jillian Michaels workout DVD (her yoga inferno DVD, if you must know, and yes, it did suck). I am so not keeping up with working out like I should be, but I was so sore for so long... I'm actually still kind of sore, and then tomorrow I'm sure will be worse because Jillian Michaels. 

Slip-ups! 

Remember how Sunday was cheat day? Yeah, well, it turns out Tuesday was also cheat day, because we went and got Taco Cabana. Yes, it was amazing. Plus, I ate a personal pizza on my date yesterday. So there was that. But it was free, so the calories don't "count." 

But progress...?

I went to Walmart yesterday and bought a container of whey protein and a whole bunch of fruit (and some whole wheat bread and peanut butter) so I can shove some healthy food down my throat and try to pretend it's a cheeseburger. I actually like most of this stuff, so it's not quite as painful as trying to eat quinoa. That said, I know I'll get tired of eating the same things over and over, so I'm going to work on expanding my tastes while I'm working on some new recipes for the fitness blog. So hopefully I won't be such a child anymore. 

I'm especially interested in comfort food alternatives after tonight's session, in which I decided to write an article about that very thing. So we'll see. 

Many exciting things we've got planned! I just have to force myself to sit down and really crank some good stuff out over the weekend, and we'll be ready for launch this coming week. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment